For this to work you need to have a GPRS connection to connect to the net. Note: WAP access will not do. You have to have full internet access on your A780.
First of all install the GMail App on your Phone.
- Go to gmail.com on your Phones browser
- Click the link ‘Get faster GMail
- Download and Install
Now you might get and Error: ‘No Certificate found’ or something like that when you try to use the GMail App. Here is the remedy:
- Connect to the internet on some PC and go to verisign.com/support/roots.html
- Fill up the form and download the ZIP file
- Extract its contents and find PCA3ss_v4.509 file
- Rename it to PCA3ss_v4.cer
- Drop it into your Phone memory via USB or bluetooth.
- Open Opera Broswer and goto Menu Setup>SSL Certificates
- Click insert and choose PCA3ss_v4.cer ( go to whichever folder you dropped the file in)
- and Voila !!
Now enjoy GMail on your A780. I’m enjoying it.