1. Amsterdam is a pretty place with lots of canals, rows of not to tall houses, notorious cyclists and hardly any cars.
1. The red light district is not a shady area as one would imagine it to be. It is packed with tourists milling about and is very close to the Central railway station & Dam square
2. The same applies to the Coffee shops. They are found everywhere and are far from shady. And you can get the distinct smell of the stuff as you walk about at various locations.
3. The food wasn’t too impressive. I mostly saw Argentinian steak houses and the only thing I got to taste that was dutch were the croquettes. Nice, but I don’t consider them a complete meal.
4. For some reason over there, they seem to be obsessed with the penis. You can spot it everywhere and souvenir shops sell mugs with penis shaped handles.
5. Apparently Heinneken is dutch. I didn’t know that.