Did I tell you I got my Nexus One? Yes, I got one and am loving it. I am still tinkering around on it whenever I get time.
However I did come across some little annoyances that seem to irritate me.
- The N1 has this neat unlock screen that also lets you silence the phone with a swipe to the left. Unfortunately when you turn on the silent mode, vibration does not get enabled. So essentially you will miss all your calls unless you have the N1 lying in front of you.
- During a call, if you receive a message, the phone vibrates. That can get really annoying if you receive a lot of SMSs.
When you receive an incoming call, I can only find the ‘Answer’ and ‘Reject’ option. No ‘Silence’ option.
[Update: You can silence the ring by hitting the - volume control]
- The screen never goes off after you dismiss and alarm. This can be really annoying, especially for people like me who tend to set multiple alarms. The battery slowly drains away (this matters because the battery life isn’t too great anyway) until you wake up (takes an hour for me) and press the top button to switch off the screen.
Oh, also I have been stress testing the N1 by flooding it with messages. This is not intentional and it just so happens that one of the Production systems of my client seems to be sending me 200+ SMS/hr from 0930 to 1830. This has been going on for more than a week and is also the reason why I find point 2 from above so annoying. My observations follow:
- The phone slows down sometimes and can’t respond to a touch in time. For example, unlocking my phone took place after 10 -20 secs of the side swipe. The phone picks up only after a long set of irregular vibrations from the N1.
- I see a lot of com.process.mms force close notifications especially when I try to use any another app.
- I can’t make calls at times as either the network is busy or the phone can’t establish a connection. The call gets dropped shortly after showing the dial screen.
Enough of fussing.