… but since you are here you might as well read on to gain knowledge.
Disclaimer: I have no clue to what extend any of these facts are true but my source is www.gullible.info. I was just plain bored in the office and so decided to create a compilation for that unsuspecting reader who might stumble by my blog.
- The United Nations recognizes 179 international citizens, people born at sea or in airplanes whose parents were from two different countries.
- Profit from the sale of Star Wars toys could have covered three times the cost of making all six movies.
- A hairy back is inherited from the mother’s side.
- Lasers were originally developed for cooking.
- 62 percent of Oscar winners can be genealogically traced to a common great grandmother who was born in 12 A.D.
- The common notion that most people only use one quarter of their brains was proven true in 1958 by Soviet scientists, in a series of grisly experiments on petty criminals.
- Bottle nose dolphin pods will attack, and often kill, members of their group that exhibit pedophiliac tendencies.
- Plans to build a blizzard safety hut for climbers near the peak of Alaska’s Mt. McKinley had to be abandoned because it could not be made wheelchair-accessible, as required by law.
- For the most part, typing skills are inversely proportional to salary; meaning, the more money someone makes, the worse they are at typing.
- An average person has $4.03 worth of gold in their body. Dolphins have the highest naturally occurring amount of gold; each has on average $8.67 worth of this precious metal.
- Nearly 90 percent of lottery tickets are sold to people living below the poverty line
- For their 10-year anniversary in 1931, White Castle hamburgers gave away thousands of “White Castle Knights” membership cards. One of the benefits bestowed upon the bearer was 5¢ hamburgers for life. While only eight cards are known to still exist today, White Castle continues to honor them.
- As a joke, an AT&T employee set up the number 666 to forward calls to George W. Bush’s campaign headquarters last October. It was in place for three weeks before it was discovered.
- The number of toothpicks in a box is only accurately reported 71 percent of the time.
- Shoes were the first articles of clothing invented.
- More relationships end in the period from February 1st to February 13th than any other time of the year. ( It’s almost February. So lets make the most of it 😀 )